This video teaches which slicer settings to use to ensure proper platform adhesion, including rafts, brims, skirts, and adjustments to the first layer.
- [Instructor] Sometimes a print just will not stick…to the print bed.…When it comes loose and the printer keeps going,…the result may look something like the print shown here.…We'll talk about things to minimize the likelihood…of having that happen.…We've launched MatterControl and loaded in…STL files you use to demonstrate what happens…when we change these platform adhesion settings.…But first we're going to talk about a related topic…which is a skirt.…A skirt is a line of plastic the printer draws…around where your print is going to be.…So let's go to settings in MatterControl…and let's go to raft and priming.…
And look at the skirt.…A skirt is a line of plastic the printer draws…around where your print is going to be…and it's useful because it can first of all…prime the nozzle, so if, for instance,…you were printing in black and you were printing something…in white you don't have kind of a mess…on the bottom of your print.…And it also shows you if you messed up…in placing the print.…So let's go ahead and change the skirt…
- Slicing and host programs
- Selecting the best print resolution
- Retraction, filament, extrusion, and nozzle settings
- Setting printer temperature and speed
- Working with multiple extruders
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 02/27/2018. What changed?
A: We updated the videos in the Slicer and Host Programs chapter to reflect the most recent changes to the software.