As you switch from paper drawings to digital drawings, it's time to start rethinking your processes that relate to those drawings. Learn about the most important aspect of drawing management, making sure that everyone's working from the correct set of drawings.
- [Instructor] Now that we've switched … from paper drawings to digital drawings, … it's time to start rethinking our processes … that relate to those drawings. … And the first thing that we need to tackle … is drawing management. … In construction, we know we're going to get drawing revisions … throughout the entire project lifecycle, … and we need a system for managing … and distributing these revised drawing sets. … I think that the most important aspect of drawing management … is making sure that everyone's working … from the correct set of drawings. … And using paper drawings, … this was also always the hardest aspect … of drawing management. … It's one thing to make sure … that I have the latest set of drawings … in the construction office, but it's another thing … to make sure everyone in the field … is using that latest set. … The nice thing is that when we use a system … of working with our digital drawings … that has cloud storage and collaboration features, … that process should get easy. …
- BIM 360 digital docs
- Managing drawings with Procore
- Doing takeoffs with Bluebeam Revu
- Planning revisions with Procore
- Handling RFIs with PlanGrid
- Collaborating digitally