Join Marc Asnis for an in-depth discussion in this video Planning a neighborhood site, part of Strategic Planning and Urban Design Foundations.
- So earlier, we created a city wide urban design framework.…And now we're going to zoom in and look…at a prototypical urban center.…So remember, a center is envisioned…as a walkable neighborhood with high concentrations…of housing and commercial destinations where you have access…to high capacity transit…and you have community infrastructure like parks…that's going to help support a growing community.…Now, we're going to look at a generic neighborhood…that has some of the ingredients of a great urban place…but it's not currently living up to its full potential.…
And at the end, we're going to have a neighborhood…that's dense, that's diverse, that's dynamic.…And so our first step is to look at our city grid…and how we can improve it.…
- What does an urban designer do?
- Why is urban design important?
- Urban design frameworks
- What is a city growth strategy?
- Creating a biophilic city
- Designing a healthy neighborhood
- Planning a neighborhood site
- Green buildings and preservation
- Streetscape design