Join Jim Rogers for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Construction Management: Planning and Scheduling.
- That wraps it up for this course.…Don't forget that we have other courses…here in the online library…that you can watch to learn how to use Microsoft Project.…And we have a growing number of courses here…on building information modeling…that talk about the concept of virtual construction…and how to include scheduling elements…in your BIM model.…And of course we'll continue to grow our online library…of construction management courses.…If you want to follow me,…and find some additional resources,…make sure you visit my LinkedIn profile.…Thank you for watching my course…and I hope to see you again…in one of my construction management courses…as you continue on your path…to be a better construction management professional.…
This course identifies the steps needed to develop a proper plan, and demonstrates how that plan is transformed into a construction schedule. Throughout the course, instructor Jim Rogers shares examples of his own successes and failures in the areas of construction planning and scheduling, so as to lend real-world context to the concepts he covers.
- Types of schedules
- Planning versus scheduling
- Work breakdown structure
- Developing a schedule
- Creating a network model
- Assigning durations, costs, and resources
- Identifying the critical path
- Letting the software do the calculations
- Checking and updating the schedule
- Scheduling's impact on productivity