Learn about the Nastran editing background and techniques.
- [Instructor] Now in this video we're going to look at…how we can edit the Nastran input file…within the Autodesk Nastran In-CAD environment.…So we can directly edit the Autodesk Nastran input file…and that unlocks a huge range of additional functionality.…There's all sorts of functionality locked up in Nastran,…which we can't get at at the moment…through the Autodesk interface, and this really opens it up.…It is accessible through that Autodesk Nastran…In-CAD environment, so we don't have to come out of that.…
It means we can edit in existing input file data…something we just created within…the Autodesk Inventor environment.…We can add new input file data,…it has a context-sensitive help available…for a lot of the data items.…So we look at the model tree,…and that's defining the FEA entities.…The next tab over is analysis reporting,…it's the output text file.…And then the next tab over is the input file,…and that's the one we want to focus on.…
Now that Nastran input file will be overwritten…if Nastran is run from the ribbon or from the model tree,…
- Building and running a normal modes analysis
- Mass modeling in dynamics
- Stiffness modeling in dynamics
- Rigid body modes
- Mass participation
- Advanced Nastran editing
- Transient analysis
- Frequency response analysis
Skill Level Intermediate
Autodesk Inventor Professional: Stress Analysis Toolswith Thom Tremblay25m 53s Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Simulation for Finite Element Analysiswith Tony Abbey2h 29m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Simulation: Dynamic Analysiswith Tony Abbey2h 40m Intermediate
1. Normal Modes Analysis
2. Key Dynamic Analysis Concepts
3. Advanced Editing in Autodesk Nastran In-CAD
Nastran editing methods7m 26s
4. Transient Analysis
5. Frequency Response Analysis
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.