Get a demo of a modal breakdown transient response analysis of the support bracket.
- [Instructor] In this video, we're going to look…at how to filter modes out of a modal transient analysis.…So I'm going to open up a modal transient analysis…that's already been set up.…I'm going to save this off into a file structure…we want to run from.…So I navigate to a work area.…I'm going to rename this file…as plate_modal_transient_filter.…So, I need to come back into the environment…and then into the Autodesk Nastran.…I'm going to load it in the Nastran file…and it is a modal transient,…so as we did before,…I'm going to modify via the set…and the mode set commands.…
To input a new card,…in free format, and this is set,…this is now recognized, it's gone blue…so we could click on it if we wanted to with help.…Set ID one equal,…it's going to contain IDs two and three…which are going to represent modes two and three.…The other card we need to put in…is the mode set, I can use free format…and if you remember the mode set controls…the modes which are going to come through by pointing…towards the set.…So, I'm going to point towards set ID number one…
- Building and running a normal modes analysis
- Mass modeling in dynamics
- Stiffness modeling in dynamics
- Rigid body modes
- Mass participation
- Advanced Nastran editing
- Transient analysis
- Frequency response analysis
Skill Level Intermediate
Autodesk Inventor Professional: Stress Analysis Toolswith Thom Tremblay25m 53s Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Simulation for Finite Element Analysiswith Tony Abbey2h 29m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Simulation: Dynamic Analysiswith Tony Abbey2h 40m Intermediate
1. Normal Modes Analysis
2. Key Dynamic Analysis Concepts
3. Advanced Editing in Autodesk Nastran In-CAD
Nastran editing methods7m 26s
4. Transient Analysis
5. Frequency Response Analysis
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.