Join Jim Rogers for an in-depth discussion in this video Incorporating the modular concept, part of Construction Management: Modular Construction Methods.
- In order to make all of this work and to achieve some of … the advantages that we've discussed, … the discussion surrounding modular construction, … should be made early on in the design phase. … We've already heard from an architect about … how modular can introduce some constraints and when … the architect should be brought into the modular discussion. … Now, I want to go back to Jen Digital Building Components … and get her perspective on … when a modular company should get involved and why. … - So, I think there's two parts to be thinking about modular … or offsite construction, and it's thinking about … how the components are broken down and what is … the right scale of the component that relates to … the limitations from the factory production … and then the logistics of transporting it … and then getting it onto the job site. … And so, if we think … about our three different product types, … load bearing structures, exterior walls … and interior wall panels. … The load bearing structures basically is …
- What is modular construction?
- Advantages of modular construction
- Limitations of modular construction
- Combining on-site and premanufactured construction
- Benefits: Continuous improvement to sustainability