Budgeting and staffing for IT is a critical factor in the success of an AEC business. This video explains why it's worth investing in IT.
- Now for the most exciting part of our entire discussion,…survey results and numbers.…Now look, I know what you're thinking.…No, no, stop, stop, don't press the skip button.…Don't do it.…Don't fast forward.…Stay with me, 'cause this is the important part…we're talking about money.…That's right, now look all you need is love,…but money makes the world go round.…Let's talk about it for a minute.…Now we do a survey every year.…This is our fifth year of doing the survey.…We surveyed over 2,600 construction companies,…asking them a broad variety of questions.…
Now you can go download this entire report…at jbknowledge.com/reports.…You can read through all of this detailed information.…I'm just going to cover the highlights,…'cause this is really important.…We got to talk about spending and budgets, and R&D.…What'd we find out in our report?…Well yet again, for a fifth year in a row,…spending is low.…When I mean low, it's not just a little low,…it's really low.…Look at this.…This is a percentage of revenue spent on IT.…
Follow James Benham—the CEO of JBKnowledge, Inc.—as he explains how construction science and computer science are merging into one joint field of study. James shares essential terms that you need to know to speak intelligently about topics like the cloud and machine learning. Plus, he dives into topics like the Internet of Things, the evolution of drones, and 3D printing. To wrap up the course, he covers IT budgets, staffing, and investing in research and development.
- Learning about the origins of construction technology
- Reviewing essential construction tech terms
- Understanding the Internet of Things
- Reviewing the evolution of drones
- Learning about the 3D printing process
- Investing in IT
- Investing in research and development