- Defining green buildings and their benefits
- Green building components and rating systems
- How LEED certification works
- BREEAM and Green Globes
- Energy Star and Zero Energy buildings
- WELL Building Standard and the Fitwel system
- Attaining green building credentials
Skill Level Beginner
- Are you interested in taking your career to the next level by becoming a green building expert or maybe you are feeling overwhelmed with the ever changing meaning of what a green building is. And having a hard time keeping up with the increasing number of available green building certifications. Knowing what makes a building green is the first step in making informed decisions with positive environmental, social and economic benefits. I'll help you understand what makes a building green by breaking it down into components to give you the context for understanding the green building rating systems.
I'm Fulya Kocak Gin and I'm a LEED fellow, Green Globes Professional and of LAP with experience in a wide variety of green building projects. My career started in the trenches at construction sites as a project manager, then transitioned into sustainability. Today I'm the head of sustainability for NAREIT. The trade association representing real estate investment trusts, REITs, and publicly traded real estate companies with an interest in U.S. real estate and capital markets.
I'm excited to share with you what I learned about green buildings and rating systems over the last two decades. Join me for my LinkedIn learning course, Green Building Concepts Foundations.