In this video, Jim discusses the exercise files for this course, and describes what they will be used for in case you want to follow along with the examples.
- If your subscription allows access to the exercise files, we have provided some downloadable content that provides additional explanation and some written terms and definitions. If you're viewing this course on a device that doesn't allow for downloading the exercise files, or you don't have access to them, don't worry. Just follow along with me on-screen as I go through the instruction in this course.
This course identifies the steps needed to develop a proper plan, and demonstrates how that plan is transformed into a construction schedule. Throughout the course, instructor Jim Rogers shares examples of his own successes and failures in the areas of construction planning and scheduling, so as to lend real-world context to the concepts he covers.
- Types of schedules
- Planning versus scheduling
- Work breakdown structure
- Developing a schedule
- Creating a network model
- Assigning durations, costs, and resources
- Identifying the critical path
- Letting the software do the calculations
- Checking and updating the schedule
- Scheduling's impact on productivity