Join Marc Asnis for an in-depth discussion in this video Employment and context, part of Strategic Planning and Urban Design Foundations.
- Let's have a conversation about employment districts…throughout the city and how we need different…contextual design solutions for different types of uses.…While our centers and corridors are going to absorb…a large percentage of our future job growth,…we need to think about existing business sectors.…These are places that have very specific physical space…and infrastructure needs like hospitals…and university campuses and traditional industrial lands.…So let's first talk about hospitals and education centers.…So our job forecasts show that one third…of future job growth in the city for the next 20 years…are going to be in healthcare or education.…
So we really need to preserve our institutional lands.…And make sure that we have proper zoning…and development standards in place so that these campuses…can grow up and support future students…and future employees.…Now let's talk about industrial land, just briefly.…These are our traditional warehouse districts…and we really want to preserve them and the businesses…
- What does an urban designer do?
- Why is urban design important?
- Urban design frameworks
- What is a city growth strategy?
- Creating a biophilic city
- Designing a healthy neighborhood
- Planning a neighborhood site
- Green buildings and preservation
- Streetscape design