- How designers find prototyping options
- Innovation and ideas in design
- Exploring a lab for prototyping and manufacturing
- Practical application of a robotics prototype
- Touring the labs at a prototyping facility
- Basics of prototyping a new product
- Reviewing the manufacturing process
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- So, let's say you have this idea and you've already gone through the concept and you like where things are going. What's next? Hi, I'm Scott Clear. I'm the Chief Design and Innovation Officer at RKS Design. In this course, we're going to visit a few facilities that show us how they prototype and manufacture. We're going to see a Cleantech Incubator here in the city of Los Angeles that helps startups that focus in the cleantech area and how they prototype and them help them manufacture their ideas and sell them in the product place.
We're also going to talk to a design agency, and that design agency is going to show us how they prototype internally and how they share their ideas from concept to production through prototyping methods. And they'll go through visual prototypes, engineering prototypes, functional prototypes. We'll also meet with an industrial designer that specializes in haptics, and that means how something feels. And he's going to share with us how he can find out how something feels through prototyping before it gets manufactured. And finally, we're going to speak to one of the world's leading innovation companies on how they take a material that's going to be scaled and look at prototyping it before they commercialize it.
So please me join me in seeing how we can take your concepts, get them prototyped, and follow that into manufacturing.