- Now we'll talk about another slicing program, Cura.…Like all slicing programs, Cura takes an STL file…from CAD software and outputs a G-code file.…There are two major versions of Cura out now,…Ultimaker Cura 3.1, which is a brand new complex program,…and the older Cura 15.04.6, shown here.…The older Cura is a very simple interface.…Cura is provided to the community by…3D printer company, Ultimaker,…but is specified by many other manufacturers too.…
If your 3D printer manufacturer specified Cura 15,…they're probably either listed in Cura's…setup wizard, or they provided a profile.…From here on out, we'll focus on Ultimaker Cura 3.1.…This is a brand new version of Cura.…We'll just refer to it as Cura for the rest of the movie.…First, you'll need to tell Cura about your printer.…Go to the menu item, Settings,…then Printer, then Add Printer.…Ultimaker printers are shown at the top,…and configurations for a large variety of…third-party printers are available under Other.…
If your printer is not listed in the setup wizard,…
- Slicing and host programs
- Selecting the best print resolution
- Retraction, filament, extrusion, and nozzle settings
- Setting printer temperature and speed
- Working with multiple extruders
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 02/27/2018. What changed?
A: We updated the videos in the Slicer and Host Programs chapter to reflect the most recent changes to the software.