- What is lean?
- Embracing lean productivity
- Construction vs. manufacturing
- How does lean apply to construction?
- Identifying and minimizing waste
- Training and empowering front-line field personnel
- Understanding the pull planning method
- Continuous improvement
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- Lean construction is much more than a single process or set of rules to follow to cut waste out of construction. Lean is a theory of production, one that takes an entirely different approach to our productivity model in the construction industry. Lean construction is an attempt to embody the lean theory of production that's been so successful in manufacturing and port it over for use in construction. In this course, I explore this theory and many of the processes and concepts that it embodies, and I discuss how we can use this theory of lean to reshape the construction industry and improve productivity on all our projects.
I'm Jim Rogers, and I've seen many positive changes in the construction industry over the years, but I've also come to the conclusion that we need to do more than just adopting new technologies or embracing the latest fad, we need to adopt a new theory that guides us and sets goals for the changes we're making. Join me in my LinkedIn Learning course, An Introduction to Lean Construction, as I explore ways to do just that.