Join Brian Myers for an in-depth discussion in this video CAD manager, part of BIM Management: Careers.
- [Instructor] One of the roles that you may want to achieve…is called CAD manager.…Now, there's still CAD managers around today,…though CAD manager is the oldest title…that we'll find here on our career plan.…A CAD manager is usually in charge of such things…as the quality of drawings…that get produced within the office.…They may be in charge of the standards for the line weights,…the way that objects display when they print from plans.…It's possible they can be in charge of such things…as even networks or the printers.…
CAD managers are usually experts…in the drawing software itself,…and the educational background of a CAD manager…can vary greatly.…They could have a degree that's a bachelor's…or even a master's degree from a major university,…they could have a two-year degree from a tech school,…or they could just have a high school diploma.…Each CAD manager is just a little bit unique…because they can come from a wide variety…of different kinds of backgrounds,…but most of them start off as a history…of being either a draftsman or a designer,…
- Where do BIM managers come from?
- Certificate programs and industry degrees
- Coming from a nontraditional educational background
- Establishing a career plan
- Organizational roles, including CAD, BIM, and VDC manager positions
- Understanding where you fit in an organization
- Leveraging resources and support systems
- Resume tips
- Cultivating your online presence
Skill Level Beginner
BIM Manager: Managing CAD Standardswith Eric Wing55m 33s Intermediate
3. Organizational Roles
4. Office Environment
5. Required Skills
6. Resources and Support Systems
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.