Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video The CAD manager, part of BIM Manager: Managing CAD Standards.
- [Instructor] Let's discuss the role of the CAD Manager.…Before we begin, let's agree on the fact that…one size does not fit all.…Some firms are five people in one office…while some are hundreds or even thousands…in multiple offices.…Some firms have one discipline,…while some firms have every discipline.…So what are the expectations of this individual?…First, what are the qualities we need?…Well, they need to be able to support an array of issues.…Of course, they need to be patient and easy to deal with.…
As knowledgeable as possible with all things software.…Now in this day in age, there's a lot of software out there…and there's a lot of knowledge to be passed around.…Not one person can know everything,…but as knowledgeable as possible really helps.…Is knowledgeable about the industry and process.…That means that, they can't just be an IT person,…they need to know your industry and the process.…That means they probably had to have been at least…at the designer level in some capacity in daily production,…I would say maybe for five years.…
- CAD, BIM, and VDC managers
- Graphical and process standards
- The BIM Level of Detail (LOD)
- BIM execution agreements
- COBie and IFC formats
- Assigning a project CAD lead
- Reviewing the QA and QC process
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Standards
2. National CAD Standard (NCS)
3. BIM Execution
4. Standards Adherence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.