Join Jim Rogers for an in-depth discussion in this video Breaking the industry down, part of Construction Management Foundations.
- Now remember,…construction and the construction industry really includes…the building of all fixed facilities…and structures on the planet.…So, let's break that down a little.…And let's take a look at the…different types of construction that exist.…So we can begin to categorize things…and look at the roles that are played…by somebody that has this title of construction manager.…Now I could spend hours breaking this all down…and listening all of the categories and construction types.…But for the purposes of this course,…let's break the industry down…into two different types of construction.…
Vertical and horizontal.…So, what I mean by this is…that when I say vertical construction,…I'm generally talking about buildings…and when I say horizontal construction,…I'm generally talking about things like roads…and infrastructure.…Now these are very broad categories, I know.…But they'll suit our purposes here for this course.…So let's start with vertical construction.…And let's take a look at some examples.…Again, this is a broad category and it includes buildings,…
Whether you're a construction industry veteran looking to switch roles or a brand new construction manager trying to get your bearings, this course provides you with meaningful insights into this vital, evolving industry and your role in it. Instructor Jim Rogers explains how integrated project delivery methods work, how technology is shaking up old processes, and how lean productivity methods are being used at construction sites. Throughout the course, you'll get industry knowledge from Jim, as well as other experienced construction professionals.
- Modern construction industry overview
- The construction team
- Reviewing the many roles of the construction manager
- A day in the life of a construction manager
- Understanding how the industry is organized
- Working with alternative project delivery methods
- Understanding the role of technology in construction