- Accessing the standards-based tools
- Placing and editing a bolted connection
- Placing, editing, and reusing frame members
- Power transmission tools
- Adding a compression spring to an assembly
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Instructor] Hello, and welcome. I'm Thom Tremblay. The adoption of standards and standard components revolutionized manufacturing and engineering. In this course, we will review a group of tools that make it easy to find and include standard components in your design using Autodesk Inventor. We will start by showing you how to access these tools that have been built into Inventor for years, but most people don't know about them. We will replace the time-consuming process of adding bolts, gears and metal frames to a design with one that is not only easier than how you're doing it now, it's smarter.
We can select these components based not only on geometry, but also based on function. We will also see that editing these components is even easier than editing the components you would create from scratch. Now, let's get started.