Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Approved border formats, part of BIM Manager: Managing CAD Standards.
- [Narrator] NCS is specific when it comes to borders.…It's been one of my biggest personal struggles (laughs).…Everyone loves a good set of standards,…but, when it comes to corporate branding (laughs)…and borders are certainly the closest us CAD nerds come…to corporate branding,…people recoil when you propose the borders they created…back when the Bills were going to the Super Bowls…became modified to fit another standard.…I'm a Bills fan, so I can crack that joke.…What I'd like to do here is basically lay out the guidelines…for NCS borders.…I can't really show the exact border they're using,…but, here are some of the dimensions.…
So when we look at it, Arial font or sans serif.…I choose Arial, which is a sans.…The thing is, some of the SHX fonts that come with AutoCAD…just don't work when you try exporting your sheets,…when you try trading your sheets with other firms.…Arial is an actual Windows font,…and it works with everything.…No italicized or underlined text.…Seriously, they're really drilling in that deep.…
- CAD, BIM, and VDC managers
- Graphical and process standards
- The BIM Level of Detail (LOD)
- BIM execution agreements
- COBie and IFC formats
- Assigning a project CAD lead
- Reviewing the QA and QC process
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Standards
2. National CAD Standard (NCS)
3. BIM Execution
4. Standards Adherence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.