Join Jim Rogers for an in-depth discussion in this video Alternative project delivery methods, part of Construction Management Foundations.
- The construction industry…has traditionally been configured to deliver projects using…that Design-Bid-Build method of project delivery…that we've talked about so far.…And the steps that we've described so far in this course…have really described the roles that each entity plays…in the construction process…under that type of project delivery scenario.…Now this has historically cast the Architect…in the role of the Master Builder…who oversees the construction process…and works with the Owner from inception to handoff.…
Under that scenario…the General Contractor didn't become engaged in the process…until after the design was completed…and they were asked to review the documents…and submit a bid.…Most often there would be several General Contractors…who would submit bids to the Owner,…and the Owner would commonly choose the lowest priced bid…and hire that General Contractor to build the project.…Now as the industry has evolved over the years,…we really began to recognize some inherent problems…with this project delivery method.…
Whether you're a construction industry veteran looking to switch roles or a brand new construction manager trying to get your bearings, this course provides you with meaningful insights into this vital, evolving industry and your role in it. Instructor Jim Rogers explains how integrated project delivery methods work, how technology is shaking up old processes, and how lean productivity methods are being used at construction sites. Throughout the course, you'll get industry knowledge from Jim, as well as other experienced construction professionals.
- Modern construction industry overview
- The construction team
- Reviewing the many roles of the construction manager
- A day in the life of a construction manager
- Understanding how the industry is organized
- Working with alternative project delivery methods
- Understanding the role of technology in construction