Augmented reality is becoming a much more popular technology for construction. In this video, learn how this works and what the various applications are of AR in business.
- Augmented reality.…Now, for those of you who are born around 1950s…to early 60s this implies…some chemically induced state that you incurred…in a field in upstate New York.…But look, let's be honest…augmented reality in modern terms…is talking about using technology…to digitally augment what your eyes see.…Now, the very first exposure I had to augmented reality…was with an app from a company called AcrossAir…called Nearest Tube.…
It allowed you to turn your phone's camera on,…and in central London, point that phone at the road,…and it would put green arrows on the road…pointing the way to the nearest tube entrance.…Now, I used to say,…if you're busy walking around with your phone…in front of you eventually you're going to get hit…by a double-decker bus and it's not going to be pretty.…That being said, augmented reality…in contrast to virtual reality,…is the augmentation of your real-world vision.…Many people that I've brought here…into JBKnowledge headquarters of JBK labs right here…are more comfortable with augmented reality…
Follow James Benham—the CEO of JBKnowledge, Inc.—as he explains how construction science and computer science are merging into one joint field of study. James shares essential terms that you need to know to speak intelligently about topics like the cloud and machine learning. Plus, he dives into topics like the Internet of Things, the evolution of drones, and 3D printing. To wrap up the course, he covers IT budgets, staffing, and investing in research and development.
- Learning about the origins of construction technology
- Reviewing essential construction tech terms
- Understanding the Internet of Things
- Reviewing the evolution of drones
- Learning about the 3D printing process
- Investing in IT
- Investing in research and development