3D printing is a technology that allows businesses to prototype much more quickly and cheaply than ever before. This video provides an overview of this process and some of the best use cases.
- Welcome to JBK Labs.…This is our research and development lab,…where we get to experiment…with all kinds of new technologies.…Now, I'm not showing you everything,…because we have some things under the covers right now,…that we're not going to disclose just yet.…But we experiment with a bunch of interesting stuff,…and definitely, near the top of the list,…is 3D scanning and printing.…I mean, we're in the infancy of this.…I call this the Apple 2e phase of 3D scanning and printing.…The fundamentals here, is that 3D printing is about…laying down...…
It's really additive printing.…Because if you're laying down one layer at a time.…Whether that's a hundred micron layer, or less,…or more, until you build an object from the ground up.…Now, there's a bunch of different types of 3D printers,…and honestly, we could do an hour and a half,…just on 3D printing.…Because, you can do any type of material.…Plastic, some wood, metal, you can even do concrete.…And there's some fantastic 3D printing going on,…in Dubai and the Philippines and China,…
Follow James Benham—the CEO of JBKnowledge, Inc.—as he explains how construction science and computer science are merging into one joint field of study. James shares essential terms that you need to know to speak intelligently about topics like the cloud and machine learning. Plus, he dives into topics like the Internet of Things, the evolution of drones, and 3D printing. To wrap up the course, he covers IT budgets, staffing, and investing in research and development.
- Learning about the origins of construction technology
- Reviewing essential construction tech terms
- Understanding the Internet of Things
- Reviewing the evolution of drones
- Learning about the 3D printing process
- Investing in IT
- Investing in research and development