Learn best practices that can help you produce higher-quality C++ code. Learn how to leverage several helpful tools and new features in C++.
- [Troy] Everyone wants to write better code, but it's difficult to be sure what steps to take, especially because C++ is a hard language to master. Modern developments in C++ have opened up new opportunities to improve the code we write. So let's spend some time going through some of the new features of C++ and explore how we can leverage them to effectively make our code more readable, maintainable, and reliable.
- Major new C++ features
- Turning on modern C++
- Letting the compiler help
- Using the new features correctly
- Using auto type deduction
- Using lambdas
- Range-based for loops
- How C++ and the Standard Template Library name things
- Making the best of the filesystem library
- Managing objects
Skill Level Beginner
1. What Is Modern C++?
2. Tools That Improve Your Code
3. Using the New Features Correctly
4. Don't Reinvent the Wheel
5. Managing Objects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.