- A pointer is a variable.…A variable that holds a memory location.…As a variable it's possible, although terrifying…to some, to place pointers into an array.…Why and how you would want to do such a thing…is this movies topic.…Here I'll show you how to set up an array of pointers.…To keep things simple, I'll use strings for the example.…You'll see how to access strings,…evaluate the strings, and convert them from…array notation into pointer notation.…
A pointer array is simply a collection of memory addresses.…So, how do you get to the situation where you…need an array of addresses?…One of the best examples is to use an array of strings.…Here you see a pointer array.…It contains room for five memory locations.…Those locations are preset to the strings listed…in effect the declaration is for an array of strings,…although, that's not technically correct.…
The strings are displayed by using a four-loop…at line 14 built and run this code…and each string is displayed.…To prove that the array is a clutch of memory locations,…
- Understanding a C program
- Adding comments
- Using escape characters
- Working with values and placeholders
- Introducing variables
- Making a decision with if
- Adding functions
- Manipulating strings
- Building arrays
- Nesting structures
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Programming Basics
3. Program Flow Control
4. Intermediate C Language Concepts
5. Advanced C Language Concepts
Next steps2m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.