The libpng library can be installed and linked into your C code to open, manipulate, and write PNG image files. After confirming the PNG file format, the image data is read and stored in a memory buffer where it can be updated and output to a new file.
- [Instructor] To read, write, and modify PNG … or ping image files add the libpng library … to your C-languages toolbox. … Its home is here at libpng.org. … Choose the libpng link to read about the library, … get reference material, and sample code. … To install libpng, … open a terminal window and use the shell's package manager … to locate libpng-dev. … For Homebrew on the MAC, look for just libpng. … Obtain and install the library on your computer system. … This source code file helps verify the installation. … It outputs the installed libpng version number. … Compile the code like this. … Type the name of your favorite C-language compiler, … I use clang, tack on the Wall switch, … which identifies all warnings, … and then -l for link in, and png for the PNG library. … Finally, the source code filename. … The program is built, … now if you see a link or error, … specify the -lpng switch last. … And it runs. … The code in this exercise file reads the PNG image … 05_04-image1.png, …
- Finding, installing, and linking libraries
- Accessing and generating XML data
- Working with JSON
- Working with the libcurl library
- Text programming
- Reading, writing, and manipulating JPEG images
- Working with PNG images
Skill Level Advanced
1. Setup and Configuration
2. Data Structures
3. Web Access
4. Text Programming
5. Computer Graphics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.