Join Bruce Van Horn for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of C# Essential Training: 2 Flow Control, Arrays, and Exception Handling.
- [Instructor] This course is for programmers wanting to learn the fundamentals of the C# programming language. This assumes that you've learned those fundamentals in another language and you have basic understanding of programming terminology and techniques, such as declaring and using variables, working with various data types, working with code files, using arrays, loops, and flow control with if statements. If you can effectively explain what a variable is and how it works, as well as what a function is, then you should be fine. If you've worked with Java, you'll find a great many similarities to C#.
In this course, I'll be using Visual Studio 2017 for Windows. There is a Mac version called Visual Studio for Mac, but that's not the same thing as Visual Studio for Windows. If you're working on a Mac, you might be able to follow some of the exercises, but I can't guarantee compatibility with what we do in the Windows edition. This is part two of a two part course. They are distinct from one another, but I do draw heavily upon the material that I've covered in part one, so I recommend watching that course, titled C# Essential Training Part One before watching this one.
- Writing unit tests in C#
- Working with simple and multidimensional arrays
- Managing ordered and unordered data with lists
- Evaluating conditions with if-else statements
- Using OR, AND, and NOT operators
- Building loops
- Debugging and handling exceptions
- Creating the final build of your C# project