Get a first look at the new features in C# 6.0—the most simple and efficient version of this coding language ever.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Reynald Adolphe and welcome to C# 6.0, first look. C# has evolved quite a bit since it's inception. Introducing great features in each new version, and version six is no exception. In this course, I'll give you a quick look at these new features which include string interpolation, expression bodied function members, null conditional operaters, exception filters, the new using static clause, and much more. We'll also cover new features in Visual Studio 2015 and some of its enhanced debugging features.
The overall theme of the updates to C# 6.0 is to make coding simpler, more efficient, and I think you'll see why. So I hope you're as psyched as I am, let's jump right in.
- Introducing the new IDE in Visual Studio 2015
- Leveraging nameof expressions
- Using index initializers
- Using await in catch and finally blocks
- Using static
- Resolving conflict instance methods
Skill Level Beginner
1. Touring the Enhanced IDE
2. Expression-Level Features
3. Statement-Level Features
Adding exception filters2m 42s
4. Member Declaration and Initialization Features
5. Improved Debugging
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.