Learn the basics of programming with C++.
- Hi I'm Peggy Fisher, and welcome to Up and Running with C . The C language is one of the most popular programming languages for system software, application software, and video games. Part of its popularity is due to its efficient performance driven design. In this course, I'll take you on a quick tour to the language, and then jump into a look at data types, expressions, decisions, loops, reading and writing from the console, and debugging. Then I'll talk about the object oriented features of C , including classes, objects, and data structures.
Finally, I'll show you how to read and write external files using C , and how to handle errors that might show up in your programs. So now, let's get up and running with C .
- Downloading and exploring the C++ IDE
- Working with loops
- Using predefined functions
- Creating custom functions
- Creating and instantiating classes
- Working with external files
Skill Level Beginner
Q: How do I upgrade the C++ compiler on Mac OS X and Linux?
A: Refer to C/C++ Essential Training for a detailed look at installing or upgrading the C++ compiler on various platforms.
Q: The link to download the Eclipse IDE in the "Download a C++ IDE" movie doesn't work. Where can I find the IDE?
A: Short URLs are case sensitive and need to be typed in exactly as they appear. Type in or simply click http://goo.gl/CzckWp to visit the Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers page.
1. Getting Started
2. C++ Basics
3. Flow of Control
4. Classes and Objects
5. Data Structures
6. File Manipulation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.