- [Instructor] So we're ready to create…our second test method.…Before I do, let me go ahead and closeout these other files…that we don't need.…And I will copy line 33 through 45,…and paste.…And let's modify this.…On specific date.…
Now, the next line that we're going to want to change…is actor Johnny Boy is booked.…And we'll indicate on.…And we'll use date time for today,…and convert it to a string,…specifically a short date string.…
And concatenate that, and add a period…along with the details.…And this time for act we are going to pass in the date,…because if we recall we have our date string parameter…that we can pass in.…
So I'll right-click on our test,…and run, and see if we pass.…And it does.…So let's go ahead and summarize our best practices…as it relates to overloading.…You want to include comments when it's necessary,…when you feel that it's needed, and it adds a value.…Something else to keep in mind…is to not use too many parameters.…We didn't pass like seven or eight parameters…in our method.…Whenever you find yourself needing to pass…
- Naming and handling classes
- Running a unit test
- Using constructors
- Naming and handling methods, fields, and properties
- Using properties correctly
- Managing objects efficiently
- Common design patterns as best practices
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Best Practices: An Overview
2. Naming and Handling Classes
3. Naming and Handling Methods, Fields, and Properties
4. Managing Objects Efficiently
5. More Best Practices Resources
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.