This video provides a review of sin(), cos(), tan, their inverses, and atan2().
- [Narrator] Let me quickly walk you through…the basic trigonometric functions present in math.h.…The default type used for most…functions in math.h is double.…So here are the double versions…of sine, cosine, and tangent.…They receive a double representing an angle,…and return a double as the result.…Inverse trigonometric functions are also implemented.…Here we have the arcsine, the arccosine, and the arctangent,…which receive real numbers and return angles.…
These functions check the validity of the argument.…For example, if 1.5 is sent to the arcsine function,…it returns an invalid value, like NAN, or not a number.…If you have worked with trigonometry…in computers long enough, you may have…come across some implementation of the atan2 function.…This is a better implementation of the arctangent.…Simply put, the arctangent is often used…to calculate the angle of a complex number…seen as a right triangle by dividing…the vertical leg by the horizontal leg.…
And this division is sent as an…argument to the arctangent.…
- Working with header files
- C constants and types
- Unformatted and formatted input/output
- Accessing files with C functions
- Generating random numbers
- Converting strings
- Sorting and searching for data
- Manipulating strings
- Using mathematical functions
Skill Level Intermediate
C++ Standard Template Librarywith Eduardo Corpeño2h 23m Advanced
1. The C Standard Library
2. Input and Output Library: stdio.h
3. General Purpose: stdlib.h
4. String Functions: string.h
5. Mathematical Functions: math.h
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.