Join Dan Gookin for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Working with pointers, part of Learning C (2014).
- I hope you found the challenge rather easy.…The ten minute thing was just to scare you.…You really have to change both variable types to char.…A pointer variable must match the type of variable…it references, so, not only is line five changed,…but line six needs to be changed as well.…The value is assigned to pokey at line 8.…You don't need to change line nine, again,…because both these variable types match.…The other changes take place in lines 12 and 15,…where you need to specify the percent c placeholder…instead of percent d.…
Save these changes, build and run, and it works.…
- Understanding a C program
- Adding comments
- Using escape characters
- Working with values and placeholders
- Introducing variables
- Making a decision with if
- Adding functions
- Manipulating strings
- Building arrays
- Nesting structures
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Programming Basics
3. Program Flow Control
4. Intermediate C Language Concepts
5. Advanced C Language Concepts
Next steps2m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.