Join Dan Gookin for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Evaluate a number, part of Up and Running with C.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- This is a solution.…First did you remember to prototype the function?…I did not include it in the skeleton…presented in a previous movie.…So I was seeing whether you paid attention.…Here is the prototype which is simply a copy…of the functions declaration at line 16.…And here's the content I came up with.…Your function could look like what you see here.…You may have done things subtly different,…but as long as the code works, then you succeeded.…I'm using an if, else if, else structure.…No curly brackets are required because each item…has only one statement that follows it.…
Going to build and run.…Type in various values to see how it works, and it works.…Hopefully your solution works just as well.…
- Understanding a C program
- Adding comments
- Using escape characters
- Working with values and placeholders
- Introducing variables
- Making a decision with if
- Adding functions
- Manipulating strings
- Building arrays
- Nesting structures
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Programming Basics
3. Program Flow Control
4. Intermediate C Language Concepts
5. Advanced C Language Concepts
Next steps2m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.