Join Dan Gookin for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Add a puts() statement, part of Learning C.
- Welcome back.…I'm going to show you how I would solve this puzzle,…which is one way of doing it.…I'm going to add my puts function here.…There's no need to add a second stdio header file…for the second puts function.…One is all you need for all the functions to find there,…and you can type a single quote within a pair…of double quotes.…That's not a problem.…Remember to end the statement with a semicolon.…Save and run.…Note the order.…The program runs top-down.…
The two puts statements execute in sequence.…The program ends with a return statement…which returns control back to the operating system.…The closing curly bracket merely marks the end…of the main function.…
- Understanding a C program
- Adding comments
- Using escape characters
- Working with values and placeholders
- Introducing variables
- Making a decision with if
- Adding functions
- Manipulating strings
- Building arrays
- Nesting structures
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Programming Basics
3. Program Flow Control
4. Intermediate C Language Concepts
5. Advanced C Language Concepts
Next steps2m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.