Join Joe Marini for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up the development environment, part of C# Interfaces and Generics.
- In this course, we are going to be building C# applications, using Visual Studio Community Edition. This IDE is available as a free download from Microsoft. If you already have the professional version of Visual Studio, or the version for Windows Desktop, those are also fine to use. If you need to get the Community Edition, go to VisualStudio.com, and click on the download button for the free developer tools. You'll be prompted for where to save the installer. Once the download is complete, run the installer, and you'll be all set to go.
Note that it might take a little while for the installer to complete. When you start up Visual Studio Community for the first time there will be a registration process you must complete. Once you're done with that step, you're ready to proceed with the rest of this course.
- Designing and implementing an interface
- Implementing multiple interfaces
- Using .NET-defined interfaces
- Understanding how generics improve program reliability
- Exploring .NET's generic data collection classes