- The best way to get started on your programming journey,…is to write some simple programs…that are easy to understand and change.…To handle that task, it helps to know…the basics of input and output, or I/O.…In this movie, I introduce you to the concept of I/O,…and how that plays into programming.…You'll get to explore some basic I/O functions,…and use one of those functions to create…tiny programs that output interesting text.…A program has to do something, that something involves…taking input and generating output.…
This is how a typical C Program works.…It's a machine that does something to input,…and then generates output.…If the program doesn't do anything,…then it's basically plumbing;…what comes in goes out.…The C Library offers a host of output functions,…of the lot, these three are the most popular.…They are pronounced, printf, putchar, and puts.…Each function is designed to send one or more characters…to the standard output device,…which is the screen or terminal window.…
The "puts" function, puts, or sends…
- Understanding a C program
- Adding comments
- Using escape characters
- Working with values and placeholders
- Introducing variables
- Making a decision with if
- Adding functions
- Manipulating strings
- Building arrays
- Nesting structures
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Programming Basics
3. Program Flow Control
4. Intermediate C Language Concepts
5. Advanced C Language Concepts
Next steps2m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.