This video provides a description and example of floor(), ceil(), trunc(), and round().
- [Instructor] Let's see some nearest integer functions…in the C standard library.…First we have round, which returns…the closest integer value to the argument.…The trunc function returns the truncated value.…That is, the function returns the integer part…of the argument.…Next we have the ceiling and floor functions.…Ceiling returns the smallest integer value…not less than the argument.…This may be used to calculate the hours…to bill in a parking lot that only charges per hour.…
So if you stayed for 5.2 hours,…you will be billed for six hours anyway.…Finally, the floor function returns the largest integer…value not greater than the argument.…This is what people use to report the age of a person.…For example, if someone is 23.7 years old,…people just say 23.…
- Working with header files
- C constants and types
- Unformatted and formatted input/output
- Accessing files with C functions
- Generating random numbers
- Converting strings
- Sorting and searching for data
- Manipulating strings
- Using mathematical functions
Skill Level Intermediate
C++ Standard Template Librarywith Eduardo Corpeño2h 23m Advanced
1. The C Standard Library
2. Input and Output Library: stdio.h
3. General Purpose: stdlib.h
4. String Functions: string.h
5. Mathematical Functions: math.h
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.