- Most functions in the C library return a value.…Even when that value isn't used it's available.…Returning a value allows functions to generate output.…Most of the time that output is based on the input…or arguments passed to the function.…In this movie I explain how functions return values.…They can simply generate the information…or they can manipulate arguments to produce specific output.…I'll also cover a few rules and regulations…regarding functions in the C language.…This code contains a function called gimmeAnA.…
It's a character function returning a char value.…The function has no input according…to its prototype at line three.…The function is called at line nine where its…return value is assigned to the the grade variable.…The function itself at line 15 merely…returns the single character A.…Build and run this code.…And I hope that that's true.…When a function returns a value…the value can be used immediately.…You can edit the source code for this exercise…so that the grade variable is removed.…
First delete the assignment and then replace the…
- Understanding a C program
- Adding comments
- Using escape characters
- Working with values and placeholders
- Introducing variables
- Making a decision with if
- Adding functions
- Manipulating strings
- Building arrays
- Nesting structures
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Programming Basics
3. Program Flow Control
4. Intermediate C Language Concepts
5. Advanced C Language Concepts
Next steps2m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.