Join Reynald Adolphe for an in-depth discussion in this video Resolving overload, part of C# 6.0 First Look.
- The process in which the compiler…handles overload has been improved in C# 6.…It's a little bit smarter when choosing…which overload is more appropriate…for certain arguments.…An example I'd like to show you…is when passing method groups.…In an earlier version of Visual Studio,…which I currently have open, Version 2013,…this line here, with ProcessPayment…doesn't compile.…You get an error that says the call is ambiguous.…What's happening is the compiler…is trying to locate a method to match its implementation,…and it doesn't find it, and the reason why…is it didn't take a return type of calculate function…in to consideration when assessing its signature.…
It ignored that it was a void over here,…and that there's an integer return type over here.…However, in C# 6.0, the return type is accounted for,…so we get a clean compilation.…
- Introducing the new IDE in Visual Studio 2015
- Leveraging nameof expressions
- Using index initializers
- Using await in catch and finally blocks
- Using static
- Resolving conflict instance methods
Skill Level Beginner
1. Touring the Enhanced IDE
2. Expression-Level Features
3. Statement-Level Features
Adding exception filters2m 42s
4. Member Declaration and Initialization Features
5. Improved Debugging
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.