- I know many see programmers who spend…their careers artfully avoiding pointers,…which is possible, but not smart.…Pointers are puzzling, yet I hope this movie…clears the air for you.…I'll explain what a pointer is, how it's used.…I promise to move nice and slow because…this topic is a very important part…of learning the C language.…The worst thing about pointers is their name.…Pointers, it's descriptive, but a poor choice…because you end up explaining a pointer…by saying a pointer points.…
That's pointless.…But I can't change the name so allow me to explain…a pointer by giving you this definition.…A pointer is a variable that holds…a memory location and address.…It's not just any address, you can't say for example,…let's see what's at memory location 96.…Pointers don't work that way.…The address must be the location…of another variable.…Pointer variables are declared similarly…to other variables, although the variable name…is prefixed by the pointer operator, the asterisk.…
You'll see an example in a moment.…The pointer variable type matches the type…
- Understanding a C program
- Adding comments
- Using escape characters
- Working with values and placeholders
- Introducing variables
- Making a decision with if
- Adding functions
- Manipulating strings
- Building arrays
- Nesting structures
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Programming Basics
3. Program Flow Control
4. Intermediate C Language Concepts
5. Advanced C Language Concepts
Next steps2m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.