Join Troy Miles for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of C++ Best Practices for Developers.
- [Troy] Thank you for viewing this course.…Using functional programming techniques…has helped me make my code more solid,…and hopefully they will help yours as well.…Template metaprogramming is one of the most challenging…aspects of C++ programming.…It is a thing that separates those…who write powerful libraries from those who use them.…If you'd like to continue your journey,…check out the LinkedIn Learning course…on the C++ Standard Template Library.…Be sure to learn more about Boost.Hana and RxCpp…at their websites.…And finally, read the book Modern C++ Design…by Andrei Alexandrescu.…
I hope I pronounced that right.…Have fun, and keep on coding.…
- Major new C++ features
- Turning on modern C++
- Letting the compiler help
- Using the new features correctly
- Using auto type deduction
- Using lambdas
- Range-based for loops
- How C++ and the Standard Template Library name things
- Making the best of the filesystem library
- Managing objects
Skill Level Beginner
1. What Is Modern C++?
2. Tools That Improve Your Code
3. Using the New Features Correctly
4. Don't Reinvent the Wheel
5. Managing Objects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.