- Generally speaking, a program…executes statements as they appear…in the source code, one line after another.…To change that order is to alter the program's flow.…One of the most common flow control words…in the C language is "If", which is similar…to its human language counterpart, also called if.…In this movie, I introduce you to the if keyword.…You'll also discover how comparisons…are made in the C language, as well…as how to handle multiple decisions.…Before you can use the if keyword,…you must understand how comparisons work in C.…
Two values or expressions are evaluated.…To make that evaluation, you use one…of the C language's comparison operators.…Here are the most common comparison operators.…"Is equal to," which, you'll notice, two equal signs.…One equal sign is the assignment operator.…This is why I say, "Is equal to," for the operator's name…instead of "is equal" or "equals."…"Less than" and "greater than"…you're probably familiar with.…Then, there's "less than and equal to"…and "greater than and equal to."…
- Understanding a C program
- Adding comments
- Using escape characters
- Working with values and placeholders
- Introducing variables
- Making a decision with if
- Adding functions
- Manipulating strings
- Building arrays
- Nesting structures
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Programming Basics
3. Program Flow Control
4. Intermediate C Language Concepts
5. Advanced C Language Concepts
Next steps2m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.