After installing a new library, run a test program to ensure that the header file and library can be found. Ensuring that everything is installed correctly means you can start coding with the new library right away, otherwise you can work through installation oddities.
- [Instructor] The C language's native environment … is the command prompt found in a terminal window these days. … It's a natural way to compile code … and link-specific libraries, … especially for the program examples in this course. … For Linux and the Mac, you can use a terminal window … to compile and run sample C programs. … In Windows 10, install the Ubuntu Linux shell. … Once a package manager has installed the desired library, … the next step is to run a test program … that ensures everything works. … Typically, in the test program, … I display the library's version number. … Here in the Ubuntu Linux shell in Windows 10, … I've used the advanced package manager tool … to install the lib jpeg library. … The header file is named jpeglib.h. … Now, I'll list the contents of this header file … to find the version number defined constant. … And we'll scroll down a few screens. … There it is. … Near the bottom, … JPEG_LIB_VERSION is the defined constant name … and the value is 62. …
- Finding, installing, and linking libraries
- Accessing and generating XML data
- Working with JSON
- Working with the libcurl library
- Text programming
- Reading, writing, and manipulating JPEG images
- Working with PNG images
Skill Level Advanced
1. Setup and Configuration
2. Data Structures
3. Web Access
4. Text Programming
5. Computer Graphics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.