All of the modern compilers can detect issues which are not errors, by enabling high warning settings. In the video, Troy explains how to enable a higher warning level and what the results will be.
- [Instructor] C++ is hard,…and the compiler knows the language better than you do.…Let the compiler help you.…Turn on all warnings that make sense.…I would also advise not letting warnings go.…Often, a warning is actually a bug.…Here are a few compiler warning flags…that I like and I hope you do too.…For GCC and Clang, the options are the same.…Dash wall disenables all the warnings.…Dash Wextra disables some extra warnings…that are not enabled by dash W all.…
Dash Wpedantic issues all warnings…demanded by strict ISO C and C++.…Dash Wunused warns about unused type definitions.…For Microsoft, forward slash W4 is all reasonable warnings.…Forward slash 14640 is about thread unsafe…static members initialization.…I would highly suggest that you take a look…at the compiler's website to see if there are others…that are a good fit for your development.…
- Major new C++ features
- Turning on modern C++
- Letting the compiler help
- Using the new features correctly
- Using auto type deduction
- Using lambdas
- Range-based for loops
- How C++ and the Standard Template Library name things
- Making the best of the filesystem library
- Managing objects
Skill Level Beginner
1. What Is Modern C++?
2. Tools That Improve Your Code
3. Using the New Features Correctly
4. Don't Reinvent the Wheel
5. Managing Objects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.