Join Reynald Adolphe for an in-depth discussion in this video Introducing new IDE features in Visual Studio 2015, part of C# 6.0 First Look.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Before we dive into the language features of C# 6.0,…I'd like to first cover changes in the IDE.…While the IDE looks very familiar at first glance,…there's quite a bit that has changed.…Visual Studio has been rebuilt to provide…a new editing experience.…In fact, a whole course can be dedicated…to the new IDE changes, but for us,…we'll focus reviewing just a few which include…syntax IntelliSense to easily find keywords…in your methods and classes,…a new lightbulb feature to suggest changes,…the preview window to look at…modifications before committing,…and a new way of refactoring when changing names.…
These features are really just…scratching the surface of the updates made to the IDE,…but they're what we need to understand…so that we can dive into the new language features,…which we'll look at next.…
- Introducing the new IDE in Visual Studio 2015
- Leveraging nameof expressions
- Using index initializers
- Using await in catch and finally blocks
- Using static
- Resolving conflict instance methods
Skill Level Beginner
1. Touring the Enhanced IDE
2. Expression-Level Features
3. Statement-Level Features
Adding exception filters2m 42s
4. Member Declaration and Initialization Features
5. Improved Debugging
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.