Functional reactive programming is a cool branch of functional programming that deals with the real-world problem of streaming data. In this video, Troy introduces us to the Reactive Extension, a popular open-source library that is available for nearly ev
- [Narrator] ReactiveX combines the best parts…of the Observer and Iterator patterns…and functional programming.…It abstracts away dirty details…and leaves fewer lines of more powerful code.…It has been ported to every major programming language,…including C++, and is used in production…by many top tech firms.…ReactiveX is everywhere.…It is running in the front end, back end,…mobile, and desktop apps.…The four main components of ReactiveX…are observables, which are composable streams…of events; observers are those interested…in those events; operators, which are functions…that manipulate observables; and schedulers…that execute actions associated with operators.…
- Unit testing and functional programming
- Function and Lambda functions
- C++ templates
- Working with the Standard Template Library and Boost.Hana
- Functional reactive programming
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Functional Programming in Modern C++
3. Template Metaprogramming
4. Functional Reactive Programming
RxCpp library5m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.