One of the ordeals of using a new C library is getting it properly installed on your system. This video covers various installation methods.
- [Instructor] Finding a C library that does wondrous things … is only the first step. … The second, more difficult step is to properly install … that library on your computer system. … Sometimes this process works smoothly, … but often it's an ordeal akin … to Sisyphus rolling the boulder up the hill. … As part of your library hunt check the documentation … to see how it installs. … Are directions available? … Do they apply to your computer setup? … For example, does the library come in an archive … which you must unpack and then run a configuration utility? … Also check the FAQ, if one is available … to review installation issues and common problems. … Now I've struggled with manual installation … of many libraries over my programming career. … It's frustrating and lonely, so here's the secret. … The best way to install a C library … is to use the package manager for your operating system. … The package manager utility locates, installs, … and configures new software specifically … for your operating system. …
- Finding, installing, and linking libraries
- Accessing and generating XML data
- Working with JSON
- Working with the libcurl library
- Text programming
- Reading, writing, and manipulating JPEG images
- Working with PNG images
Skill Level Advanced
1. Setup and Configuration
2. Data Structures
3. Web Access
4. Text Programming
5. Computer Graphics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.