Join Dan Gookin for an in-depth discussion in this video Image analysis, part of Code Clinic: C.
- Hello, and welcome to Code Clinic.…My name is Dan Gookin.…Code Clinic is a course where a unique problem…is introduced to a collection of lynda.com authors.…In response, each author creates a solution…using their programming language of choice.…You can learn several things from Code Clinic,…different approaches to solving a problem,…the pros and cons of different languages,…and some tips and tricks to incorporate…into your own coding practices.…For this chapter,…the problem deals with Image Analysis.…In one sense, this topic is simply data analysis.…
Images are really nothing more than specialized…and well-defined sets of data.…An image consists of pixels.…Pixels consist of data representing…the color of the pixel, and in some cases,…the pixel's transparency.…The pixels are arranged in rows and columns.…When assembled correctly, they represent an image.…Our brains are very good at recognizing patterns…but computers are not.…Think about CAPTCHA security devices,…those puzzles you sometimes see…when logging into a website.…
Dan introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in C. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Beginner
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided here for lynda.com members outside of the U.S.
1. Problem One: Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem Three: Eight Queens
4. Problem Four: Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem Five: Recursion and Directories
6. Problem Six: Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.