The printf and scanf family members are described in this unit.
- [Instructor] Now let's see some functions…for formatted input output.…These functions are intended for creating,…reading, and writing human readable strings.…These functions also work on files and character streams.…Some of them even work on strings.…Again, the term formatted means string encoding.…So for example, the value 65 will yield…the capital capital A if encoded as a character,…or the string 65 if encoded as decimal,…or even the string 41 if encoded as hexadecimal.…
You may already know some of these functions…which belong to the iconic family of printf, scanf,…and sprintf.…We'll talk about three functions.…Scanf, which reads characters from std in,…printf, which writes characters into std out,…and sprintf, which does the same as printf,…but writes the resulting string to memory for later use.…Now notice how all of the parameter lists…in these definitions, and with ellipses.…
This syntax is used to indicate that this is…a so called variadic function.…Meaning that the function will take in…a variable number of arguments.…
- Working with header files
- C constants and types
- Unformatted and formatted input/output
- Accessing files with C functions
- Generating random numbers
- Converting strings
- Sorting and searching for data
- Manipulating strings
- Using mathematical functions
Skill Level Intermediate
C++ Standard Template Librarywith Eduardo Corpeño2h 23m Advanced
1. The C Standard Library
2. Input and Output Library: stdio.h
3. General Purpose: stdlib.h
4. String Functions: string.h
5. Mathematical Functions: math.h
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.