Troy gives a quick description of the preferred C++ file naming conventions.
- [Instructor] The state of the file-naming convention…in C++ is unclear.…Everyone pretty much agrees that the C++ code file…should have the .cpp extension.…But the two big movers in the C++ community,…the ISO C++ Committee and the Boost Library Team,…disagree on what the extension for header files should be.…The style guide for each suggests a different extension.…The committee prefers the .h…and the Boost folks prefer .hpp.…
Either will work, since the compiler isn't choosy.…I generally use the .h extension since it is the default…for my editor.…
- Major new C++ features
- Turning on modern C++
- Letting the compiler help
- Using the new features correctly
- Using auto type deduction
- Using lambdas
- Range-based for loops
- How C++ and the Standard Template Library name things
- Making the best of the filesystem library
- Managing objects
Skill Level Beginner
1. What Is Modern C++?
2. Tools That Improve Your Code
3. Using the New Features Correctly
4. Don't Reinvent the Wheel
5. Managing Objects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.