- Everyone's favorite C language…output function seems to be printf.…In most C courses it's the first function you learn because…it's included in the traditional Hello, World! program.…But the function has far more…power than just spewing out text.…In this movie I introduce you to the printf function.…It's another text output function but…one with far more power than puts.…I'll also show you how to incorporate…escape sequences into strings.…In it's most basic form the printf function sends…a string of characters to standard output.…
That means it displays text on the screen.…The printf function is defined in the stdio header file.…The printf function is used twice…in this code in lines five and six.…In this mode printf works a lot like the puts function.…The argument for printf is a single string held…between the functions parentheses.…The string is enclosed in double quotes.…Build and run this code.…The program doesn't air the output is as it should be.…Unlike puts however the printf function doesn't…add a new line character at the end of the string.…
- Understanding a C program
- Adding comments
- Using escape characters
- Working with values and placeholders
- Introducing variables
- Making a decision with if
- Adding functions
- Manipulating strings
- Building arrays
- Nesting structures
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Programming Basics
3. Program Flow Control
4. Intermediate C Language Concepts
5. Advanced C Language Concepts
Next steps2m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.